Thursday, August 1, 2013

Sister Mary Joseph, OCD
She is a member of the
 Carmelite Sisters of the Most Sacred Heart of Los Angeles
Dear Sisters, 
The glory of God is in this place! When I received the summons from Jesus, through my superior, to meet Him in Rome for three weeks this summer, I had three reactions: first, immediate and almost overwhelming joy; second, concern about completing all the tasks that needed to be done before going, including the knowledge that school will begin two days after I return, and third, an expectancy for graces to come.

This expectancy has born fruit. The renewal program from the CMSWR is truly a source of abundant graces! There is something about being within the heart of the Church that enters the soul and sets it ablaze. Christ is truly present, whether we are receiving nourishment by running around Rome visiting the Basilicas and immersing ourselves in the Tradition, or receiving another type of nourishment through anointed conferences on Religious Life. All has come together in an incredible synthesis of life-giving grace. My spirit is renewed and refreshed. I continue to be bride, by His grace, but this relationship has changed because of the graces received in this program.

I thank my community, very especially! I thank CMSWR for this incredible oasis of grace. I thank all the dear Sisters that I have had the grace to meet and commune with during these weeks. The Church has truly been present at the Domus Sancta Maria Guadalupe! I hope that you will consider spending some time away at the heart of Mother Church. I encourage all to come and receive, as I have had the grace to do. Praised be Jesus Christ!

Sister Mary Joseph, OCD

No comments:

Post a Comment