Thursday, August 1, 2013

Sister Mercedes, OCD
Carmelite Sisters of the Most Sacred Heart of Los Angeles
  Praised be Jesus Christ!  This is the feeling I had when I stepped onto the holy ground of Rome!  This was my first experience in this city where many of the saints, martyrs, and holy people have journeyed in order to be close to the beginnings of our Mother: The Church.  Immediately, I could sense the joy of being in this place; and I felt united with the Christians of the past who paved the way in faith with the witness of their lives.  It was such a beautiful experience visiting the major Basilica’s of St. Peters, St. Mary Major, St. John Lateran and St. Paul Outside the Wall.  It was an experience of awe, wonder, worship and praise to our God, for giving humanity the capability of expressing our love in return to Him through the arts in those churches! The Priests who gave us conferences also embellished this spiritual journey in faith.
 It also was a ‘communio’ moment with the worshippers of the past, present, and future while visiting the churches.  Living with the different communities from the CMSWR made me realize that they are the descendants of the Christians and saints of the past!  Our little union together, was a true bonding experience as we too worshipped and praised our God in the Eternal City. 
            I want to thank my Community for choosing me to come here, and to thank the CMSWR for this wonderful opportunity to be renewed in my faith here in the Domus.  Staying here was as if we were living among the saints….and we were in each other!  I hope that more sisters can come here to the Domus and experience the joy of belonging to the Holy Roman Catholic Church.        

No comments:

Post a Comment