Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Blessed Feast of St. Ignatius! We forgot to tell you that the Pope will be celebrating Mass at the Gesu this evening. The Gesu is about a 5 minute walk from where we are staying. Unfortunately we were not invited, but who knows, we may see him drive by!

In Honor of the Feast of St. Ignatius, here is his Suscipe:

Take, Lord, receive all my liberty,
my memory, my understanding,
and my will,
All that I have and possess.
 
You, Lord, have given all that to me,
I now give it back to you.

O Lord, all of it is yours, dispose of it according to your will. Give me love of yourself along with your grace,
for that is enough for me.

(This translation is found in the
Chapel of the Passion in the Gesu)
 
Crucifix in the Chapel of the Passion, Church of Gesu, Rome
 

No comments:

Post a Comment